Sunday, June 10, 2012

Addicting Stuffed Mushrooms

When I smell cooking beef it takes every ounce of ladyship to stop myself from drooling. This recipe makes me go nuts. I love the smell of butter in a pan, I love the smell of sauteing onions, I love the smell of sauteing mushrooms - heck, I love the smell of anything in a pan with butter.



12 mushrooms
1/2 lb ground beef
1 tbls onion minced
1 clove garlic minced
1 tbls butter + 1/4 c butter (used separately)
1/4 c breadcrumbs
1/4 heavy cream (milk will work, too)
1 tsp chili powder
grated Parmesan cheese

Oven Temperature: 425
Baking Time: 20-25 minutes
Prep Time: 20-25 minutes
Total time: 1 hour

Remove the mushroom stems and chop'm up!
In a saucepan over medium heat begin browning the beef. Add the onion and garlic. Cook until the beef has no more pink. Add chopped stems, 1 tbls butter, salt, pepper and  bread crumbs.
Cook for 5 more minutes, then remove from heat and add cream.

Melt the remaining butter and dip the mushroom caps in it. Place on a baking sheet. Fill each cap with meat mix. Sprinkle with chili powder and cheese. Bake at 425 for 20-25 minutes.
Okay....I lied. I drool over these.

No comments:

Post a Comment