Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Summertime Spaghetti

An old family favorite originating from the Magic Spoon Cookbook but with several alterations to make it our own. When I was young I was always resistant to eating tomatoes, but my sister always coaxed me into eating them through this.
In case you haven't realized, I am a pasta FANATIC. It's not unusual for me to eat pasta three meals a day. While not the most healthy of my habits, I justify it by running 40 miles a week. That's also my excuse for eating copious amounts of chocolate on a daily basis.
This dish is ideal for summer. It does not have to be heated to be enjoyed. Simple flavors, delicious with fresh garden tomatoes and basil. 




Fresh fresh fresh
 
For this recipe you'll want:
1 lb of pasta
2 cloves of garlic
1/3 cup olive oil
1 fresh basket of cherry tomatoes
8 fresh basil leaves, chopped finely
grated parmesan cheese


Too simple and easy to not make.


When the pasta is just boiled and still hot, mix it with the olive oil. Slice the tomatoes in half and mix with minced garlic and basil. When ready to eat, top with parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment