Wednesday, August 1, 2012

4-Minute Cookies for Two

The Olympics have been leaving me on the edge of my seat. When commercial breaks appear, I jump up and rush to get something done- like going to the bathroom, cleaning and working on my college essays. But 5 minutes is not enough time to get any real work done - like baking cookies. Instead, I've been searching the internet for recipes that will not exceed my allotted work time of 5 minutes. 



This is the best I've come up with. I would never recommend taking a shortcut like this when you have time to make a real batch of cookies, but this will get the job done in a time crunch:

2 tbls unsalted butter, softened 
2 tbls granulated sugar 
2 tbls packed light brown sugar 
2 tbls beaten egg (this is about 1/2 to 3/4 of an egg)
1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract 
5 tabls flour 
1/4 tsp baking soda 
1/4 tsp kosher salt 
1/4 c chocolate chips 


Cream together the butter and the sugars in a microwavable bowl. Mix in beaten egg and vanilla. Add flour, baking soda and salt. Stir a couple times, then add chocolate chips, stirring to combine.



 Microwave for 60 seconds. It may look undercooked, but it will continue to cook as it cools. While it is still hot, run a knife along the edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment