Sunday, February 3, 2013

Three-Ingredient Cookies

My dad bought 20 lbs of granola yesterday. We don't eat a lot of granola here. I think it was one of those ideas you get into your head and think "Yeah, that's a good idea. I gotta go and buy 20 lbs of granola now."
About a 8 of the 20 lbs
Needless to say, I've been looking for ways to use up the granola that are quick and yummy. Conveniently, I was talking to my newly veganized friend about what she eats for yumminess. She told me about a two ingredient cookie recipe that I guess has become pretty popular amongst her people recently. Well, you're probably now wondering why my recipe is three ingredients if the original is but two. Because I wanted mine to be yummier! That's why!
The recipe additionally calls for just some plain old oats and some bananas. But I strove to make my healthy concoction as cookie-like as possible. So, as I have done in a handful of other recipes, I pulverized the oats into a flour-like texture to make a smoother cookie.

Oven Temp: 350
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Bake Time: 15 minutes
Ready In: 20 minutes

Ingredients
2 bananas (riper is better)
1 cup of oats
1 tsp vanilla
anything you wish to add (Chocolate!)

Begin by blended the oats into a smooth flour. It was a rare opportunity for me to take out the old magic bullet and give it a whirl. I'm such a sucker for infomercials that I talked my dad into getting me one....rarely use it...

 
Place blended oats in a large bowl to prepare for banana smashing.



Peel bananas. I made a double batch, hence the extra bananas.

 
Begin smashing. I used a butter cutter to start off because my bananas were a little too fresh, and then switched to a fork.


Add in any extras you want (berries, extra sugar, chocolate. Mix thoroughly.
 

Either grease a baking pan really well (because it WILL stick) or cover with parchment paper or wax paper. 


Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Enjoy hot or cold.





No comments:

Post a Comment