Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Supreme Mac & Cheese

I told you that I love to take comfort food and adapt it to suit my taste. Usually this means adding something new, but in the case of macaroni and cheese, I always say the simpler the better.
I took away everything - there's no cream of mushroom, no sneaky vegetables, no weird low fat cheese. This is the real, PURE deal.

1 lb of macaroni cooked
1/2-3/4 lb cheddar (I always like sharp,sharp,sharp!) grated
1/2-3/4 cup bread crumbs (For me, again, the more the merrier)
enough butter to moisten the bread crumbs (usually around 3 tbls)
1/2 c milk

Grease a casserole dish, and heat your oven to 350 because those are all the ingredients you need! Layer macaroni with cheese, making sure the top layer is macaroni. Pour milk over the top. Put on the breadcrumb/butter mixture. Bake for 30-35 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment